PayPal is one of the most commonly used payment apps for receiving and transferring money globally and locally. With convenient and easy-to-use features, PayPal has become the top payment application. But, can PayPal split payments, and how can users do that? We have the answer.
Yes, PayPal allows its users to split their payments. The feature is called Money Pool. When there is a bill that more than one person has to pay, such as a shared expense in a restaurant or a coffee shop, you can use the feature to collect money and pay from one account. Also, it is possible to collect donations from others and donate the entire amount yourself.
How Do Split Payments on PayPal Work?
A useful PayPal feature called Money Pool allows you to split any bill with people you spend time with. It is simple to distribute the payment share between users, and whenever you incur expenses together, you can simply pay the entire bill from your account.
There are just two methods you can use for splitting payments. The first method is Bill Split, and the second method is Partner Bill Split. It’s essential to know when and how these methods work, so it will be easier to pay and use PayPal credit as a credit card.
How Can You Split Payments Using Bill Split?
Here is a step-by-step guide on the Bill Split method you can follow when paying with PayPal:
- First, go to the top of your PayPal page and select the option ‘send and request.’
- The next step is to find and select the ‘request’ option. Into the appropriate slot, enter the name of the person you want to share the bill with. You will also be required to enter the amount of the bill the person has to pay.
- After you’ve entered all the necessary information, the payment app will generate a money request for each person that you’ve chosen to split the bill with.
- Users can use this method for payments that are still outstanding.
What makes Bill Split easy to use is the fact that it will appear as an option in your activity whenever splitting the bill is available. Once you see that you’ve received a notification, ‘Split this,’ click on it, and use this method for the specific transaction.
How Can You Split Payments Using Partner Bill Split?
Learning how to use the Partner Bill Split method will be useful for many future transactions; however, the feature is only available on certain websites like Fandango. With this method, you will be able to submit your Bill Split request as soon as the checkout is complete. Here are the steps one should take when using Partner Bill Split:
- Once you finish the checkout, you will be able to select the option ‘Split with PayPal.’ Then, you can log into your account.
- The next step is to select the available button and enter the email address of the individuals you want to split the payment with. When you enter the correct email address, click on the option ‘next’.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of checking again whether you have entered the correct information.
- When you finish reviewing, click on the option ‘Request Money.’
- On the confirmation page, you will be able to see the amount of money you’ve requested from other people.
- Since you’ve listed other users’ emails, they would receive a message that would contain a Pay Now option. The only thing they have to do is click on the ‘Pay Now’ button, and the transaction will be complete.
What Are Different Types of PayPal Split Payments?
There are different types of split payments that one can carry out using the application that will help with payments and claiming money on Paypal. For the purpose of learning how to easily transfer and receive money online, read the table with the overview of different split payments.
|Type of Split Payment||Explanation|
|Parallel Payments||It is a useful feature of the app since you can split bills from the sender to 2 to 6 receivers. With a single payment request, you can carry out multiple payments. The buyers who most commonly use Parallel Payments are those who purchase from different buyers and pay once.|
|Chained Payments||It allows a user to split bills between a couple of receivers. Chain Payments involve only a simple primary receiver and more secondary receivers. The primary receivers are a bridge between the secondary receivers and the sender.|
|Delayed Chained Payments||When you want the chained payment to be delayed, you should use the delayed chained payment. It is helpful when the primary receiver has completed the job, but the secondary receiver is still pending.|
Can a User Split the Payment Methods for a Single Purchase?
Will the user successfully make a purchase from a single vendor if half of the money is on the PayPal account and the other half is on the credit card? Yes, the application will show how much you have on your account, and you can choose to use a second payment for the rest of the balance from the card. The user won’t be notified that there isn’t enough money. One can also use an eCheck on PayPal to transfer the money from the bank account to the PayPal account.
It’s vital to know that PayPal accepts payments from different sources, such as your bank account, PayPal balance, debit, and credit cards.
Now You Can Conveniently Split Payments With PayPal
If you had any doubts about whether it is possible that multiple users split a bill, now it’s clear that the application allows you to pay one bill with two different methods. With numerous benefits it provides, such as the option to cash a check and accept payments from bank accounts, debit, and credit cards, the additional feature to split any bill with multiple users is an upgrade that makes the application even more convenient. So, whenever you want to collect money and pay from one account, use PayPal to do it.