Webull is one of the newer online stock trading platforms that has gained popularity in recent years. Many people are drawn to Webull for its low fees and plethora of features.
But can you trade futures on Webull? No, you cannot trade futures on Webull. In order to trade futures, you need to be a member of a registered Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) and have a Futures Trading Account.
Trading Futures on Webull
If you have been trading on Webull and now planning to trade in futures then you must find an alternative which is technically as good as Webull and offering Futures Trading.
You can find relevant exchange-traded funds (ETFs) in Webull that are long or short on specific stocks, industries, or markets. This can work as a workaround to do futures trading in Webull.
You are well aware futures is a very good trading option. So, we recommend Interactive Brokers one of the best alternatives for trading futures.
Here are some pros and cons of Interactive brokers
- Interactive Brokers offer a wide range of asset types to trade. These include stocks, options, futures, and bonds. It is accepted in 135 markets in 33 countries.
- Provide extensive trading tools and analysis of data for right trading decisions.
- Low interest rates and charges.
- Provides good order execution.
- It is an extensive interface good for institutional and active investors.
- Well designed interface with advanced usability for experienced users. The platform is technically robust and reliable.
- Interface is not quite easy-to-use for novice and inexperienced investors
- Custom trading algorithms or automated trading are not backtested. So, you have to rely on your experience and knowledge for futures trading.
- Its SmartRouter is not available to IBKR Lite users
Viewing Futures on Webull
Webull doesn’t offer trading futures but it does allow you to view futures. Follow these steps to view futures on Webull.
- Open the Markets section of Webull app.
- Click on “Global.”
- Select “Hot Futures” from bottom of the page.
Futures Market Data
Webull app provides the following global financial data for your Futures Market trading
- Equities, ETFs, Indices, Forex(U.S. market only), Futures(U.S. market only).
- NASDAQ, NYSE, HKEX, NSE, BOM.
- 100,000+ investment subjects.
This real-time data is available in “Market” tab of app’s navigation bar. Global quotes can are viewed in the mobile app of Webull and not on the Web-based app.
This data is free of any fees or charges for personal and non-business goals and is available to non-professional subscribers. All those users who sign up and log in Webull and certify as “nonprofessional subscriber” fall in this category and can use market data.
Trading Experience Required
You know that trading in futures means that you are not investing in stocks, cryptos or mutual funds. You are entering into a contract whose returns depend totally on the future prices of commodities you are trading in. You must take care of following things for futures trading
- You must understand working of futures market. You also need to know the difference between the stock or bond investments and their markets.
- You need to define a strategy to invest futures since a lot of risks are involved. Following your strategy is the most crucial for you to be financially safe when market is not favorable. You can choose from position sizing and stop losses techniques.
- Experience in proper money management techniques is a good skill required for investors in futures.
- You need to have the fundamental knowledge about working of the commodities in which you wish to invest. This way you will understand the factors that affect that specific industry and you will make a calculated decision.
Funding Your Webull Account
Webull Account can be funded easily. The amounts are accepted only in USD. Whether you are using the mobile app or desktop version, you can fund your account with “Deposit” option available at top right.
Next you need to link with your bank from where you want to transfer your funds. Enter the amount of funds you need and click on “Transfer”.
Depending upon your account and bank the amount will appear in your account after the standard duration. If your bank is in the US then funds can be transferred with ACH or a wire transfer.
Trading Commodities on Webull
Yes, you can trade commodities on Webull. It provides Real-time Data on following commodities.
- Fossil Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Uranium and other metals
- Applied Resources