The most commonly used online payment system, PayPal, has improved customer experience and made it easier to shop online and transfer funds. The company is one of the largest in the United States, but a question still remains: can you PayPal to American Express?
Users can transfer money from PayPal to their American Express card. One has to link a prepaid AmEx card with the PayPal account in order to transfer funds between the accounts. It is not an ideal method of transferring money since there is a waiting period of no more than three to five days.
First, Link the American Express and PayPal Accounts
If you want to transfer funds between two accounts, they have to be correctly linked. Here is a step-by-step process on how to do it appropriately.
- Visit the prepaid American Express card website. Use your user ID and password to log into your account. In case you’ve forgotten the information, you can always click on ‘Forgot Your Password’ and apply the instructions.
- Once you are logged into your account, select the ‘ Set Up Direct Deposit’ from the menu. Then, copy the account number and routing.
- Once you log out of the AmEx card website, go to the PayPal website.
- Access your account with a password and an email address.
- From the menu that is beneath the ‘Profile,’ you should click on the ‘Add or Edit Bank Account.’
- Select the ‘Add Bank’ option and enter the account and routing number you’ve written down from the AmEx website. When you finish, click on ‘Continue.’
- Once you want to confirm all the information you’ve entered, select ‘OK.’ Within three business days, you will receive two small deposits to your AmEx account.
When you want to check whether the transactions can be made from PayPal safely, you should follow these instructions.
- Go to your PayPal account and select the option ‘Add Money’ that can be found in the top menu. Then, select the option ‘Add Money from a US Bank Account.’
- From the menu, you can simply click on the AmEx prepaid account, and you can enter the amount you want to see transferred from it to the PayPal account.
- When you click on the ‘Continue’ option, the transaction will be confirmed. When the money appears in your balance within four to five workdays, you can claim your money, and you will be certain that the accounts are properly linked.
When you finish with these instructions, you will be sure that the two accounts are properly linked if there is no need for PayPal pending process and when the amount is present on your balance. Therefore, you can begin transferring any funds to the American Express card account.
The initial instructions might seem overwhelming at first. But that is only the case if you are attempting to transfer funds for the very first time. Every other attempt will take about 30 minutes. Also, bear in mind that there is a 0.25$ fee you have to pay when transferring to debit and prepaid cards. Here is a step-by-step of the simple process.
|Step 1||Log in to the PayPal account|
|Step 2||Select the amount you want to withdraw|
|Step 3||The cards you can use will appear in the drop-down menu.|
|Step 4||Select the AmEx card to receive the money.|
|Step 5||PayPal will transfer the amount you want from your PayPal balance to the account that is connected with the card.|
American Express Cardholders Enjoy Benefits When Paying With PayPal
Not only will you be able to transfer funds between PayPal and your AmEx account, but you will also be able to use Membership Rewards Points when you spend money using PayPal. Every AmEx cardholder can make use of the Pay with Points feature at any in-app merchant or online store that accepts PayPal.
When using rewards, one will get a value of 0.7 cents per point. Therefore, if the user has about 10,000 Membership Reward points, they can redeem them for about 70$ worth of PayPal payments. This is a great way to collect virtual points and save them up for a big trip or a valuable item you want to purchase.
What AmEx Cards Work Well With PayPal?
There are different AmEx cards that work well with PayPal, and that will allow you to have more rewards value per dollar spent and cashback. There are also great welcome offer value, annual fees, and associated fees that have to be taken into account. Here is a table of cards you can consider when linking PayPal and American Express.
|Type of Card||What the Issuer Offers|
|American Express Cash Magnet Card||It can be easily used with PayPal. One can earn 1.5% cash back on a purchase that the user will receive as a statement credit. There are no annual fees.|
|Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card||With this card, the user will earn 3x points on any eligible purchase. There are also 12x Hilton Honors points offered at Hilton properties as well as 6x points at US restaurants.|
|Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card||The card also works well with PayPal, and one can earn a solid base rewards base of 2x points on appropriate purchases. Even though the annual fee is $450, it will equip the cardholder with high-class travel benefits.|
What Other Major Card Issuers Does PayPal Accept?
PayPal accepts various payment methods, from debit cards and bank accounts to credit cards and PayPal credit. You will not only be able to link your American Express card account to the PayPal account but also accounts from other major card issuers. Here is a list of card issuers the platform accepts:
Use Your PayPal and AmEx Account With Confidence
The numerous benefits users of PayPal who own AmEx cards are not simply limited to transferring funds from one account to another. When both accounts are correctly linked, one only has to wait for a couple of business days for the funds to appear on the AmEx account or PayPal account. One can also use Membership Rewards Points and purchase goods easily and at a lower price through PayPal. The options are limitless, and one should not miss out on them.