The official Venmo website can be accessed through a computer as well. However, the website does not possess the same functions as the app, and you will be able to learn from this article how to Venmo on a computer and what can be done on the website.
Venmo’s official website is accessible on any internet browser through a computer. However, it is important to know that you cannot carry out transactions through the website but only through the application. All the rest options are available on both the application and the website.
You Can Use Any Internet Browser on Your Computer to Visit the Venmo Website
Whether you are using Google Chrome, Mozilla, or Opera, you will be able to access Venmo’s website. However, there is one major difference between the application and the website. The main purpose of Venmo, sending and receiving money, can be done only via the application. However, other things can be performed on the computer as well. People often like to create their accounts on the computer because of better visibility (it is easier to read terms and regulations on the desktop rather than on a smartphone screen). Here is what has to be done:
|Step 1||Open your internet browser and enter the following address – https://www.venmo.com.|
|Step 2||On the right corner of the screen, you will see the option “Get Venmo.” Press it.|
|Step 3||You will be asked to choose between a personal and business account (in this article, we are writing about personal use).|
|Step 4||You will be asked to enter your username, phone number, email address, and password.|
|Step 5||Finally, once you have confirmed the registration, a verification code will arrive in the form of a message. In order to complete the registration, you have to enter this code. Once this is complete, you will be able to enter your account on your computer.|
Here Are the Options Available on the Official Venmo Website
After entering the main interface of the website, you will see that the main menu is pretty much the same as in the application. From the main menu, you can do the following things:
- Add a payment method – In order to be able to transfer a certain amount of money, you have to have your Venmo account linked to your bank accounts and credit cards. Just enter the “Settings” option from the main menu and choose either “Link a bank account” or “Add card.” Truth be told, this is much more convenient to do on a computer since you will have to type in a lot of numbers.
- View your balance – Whenever you want, you can enter the website and see your current account balance and review all the performed transactions. The account balance will be displayed on the main interface, and the transaction history can be viewed when pressing the “Statement” option from the main menu. Doing this on a computer is also useful if you have to print something.
- Add contacts – You can also add and manage contacts on the website just by entering the “Friends” option from the main menu. Venmo has become popular partially because it has implemented some features from regular social networks, so you will have the option to block someone as well.
- Report fraudulent activity – If you have, unfortunately, been the victim of a scam, the fraudulent activity can be reported from the “Contact Us” option. You will have to fill out a simple form and describe what happened.
- Update your account information – If you have to change your email address or phone number, that can be done through the website as well. Again, you will receive a verification code on your phone, which you will then have to enter for any change you make.
Please note that if you have made an account already on your smartphone, when trying to log in on your computer, Venmo will automatically register that as logging on a new device. In order to confirm your identity, you will have to enter a special verification code which will be sent to your phone number.
Unfortunately, You Can’t Carry Out Any Transactions Through the Website
The main reason why Venmo has become so popular is the fast transaction system that this app has implemented. Unfortunately, this option is not available on the website. Venmo has recently discontinued this feature from the website, stating that the majority of users are using the smartphone app for transactions, and as a result, they would like to focus all their efforts on improving the application.
Another reason why this has happened is the fact that you are more susceptible to being hacked on a computer than on a smartphone. It is not surprising that all transaction apps that work on computers advise having strong anti-virus protection when using the website on an internet browser.
Venmo Is Still One of the Most Efficient Transaction Apps in the USA, Even Without the Website
First of all, do not forget that you can’t use Venmo to send to a Zelle account, for example. Transactions can only be carried out between two Venmo accounts. Nevertheless, even after removing the option to send money from the website, Venmo has still managed to retain its community, and it is, without any doubt, one of the most popular transaction apps in the USA. The reason for that is simple – computers have, in some ways, become obsolete, and smartphone apps have become unbelievably convenient. When you add to this that the Venmo app is extremely easy to use, it is more than understandable why they are so popular.